Sunday, January 26, 2014

TRAVEL....... It just make sense!


Making sense of travel has become my.... how can I make a "difference" job. Although, this travel passion of mine is moving slowly, I've made it my personal responsibility to encourage others to "travel smart." Well, those who care to listen. Am I a travel Agent ? No, I'm a Travel Enthusiast, who desire to find creative ways to travel folks who normally wouldn't travel. I get excited when family/friends decide to meet in a common place once a year. Some have become unfamiliar with how to have a good time. We have all, at some point, become bondage to routine. Some of us forget how to relax, revive and regroup. It's simple, plan to Travel.  To the experience traveler-Keep it up! But, for those of us taking baby steps, our desire to travel to foreign land is taking some time. Patiently, we'll get there.
My personal aspiration- visit the same place twice. Maybe even a 3rd time! Let's become so familiar with New York that we fully understand the culture. Oh- how I remember my short visit to NYC. The fast pace, overly crowded streets, tall buildings, hustles on the subway, inpatient personalities, normality of walking and can't forget- THE NOISE. My initial thoughts, " I don't care for this city." However, my desire to travel far, encouraged me to remember the advise which was given to me from a native, " Do not go to New York with your Los Angeles mentality, as long as you adopt their culture, you'll be fine..." Needless to say, that advise went out the window as I raised my eyebrow a few times while encountering their inpatient personalities. The reality: New Yorkers mean no harm. They have this undeniable entrepreneur attitude. They have zero tolerance for BS. They are probably some of the most "real" people you'll ever meet. Moreover, they are extremely observant. They are hustlers-in a good way ;-). New York is definitely the foundation of entrepreneurship! Nothing moves slow there.
In closing, I can't wait to go back!  In fact, I am prepared to go back with a different attitude. Can't wait to put my walking shoes on and WALK. New Yorkers walk EVERYWHERE. I will leave my offenses, judgements and biased views at the airport & have an open mind. I'm excited to visit NYC a second time, maybe even a 3rd time.  I want to become so familiar with their normalcy that I feel at home. Traveling is truly an open book, and those who do not travel, well you know the rest...... ONLY READ ONE PAGE.
Thank you for taking time out to read my blog. If you log on using your laptop, you can hear my awesome playlist.

Much Love,

Tynita, the Registered Nurse and Travel Enthusiast~

No comments:

Post a Comment